Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Too many Bumps in the Pain Road~~~~~

My Moma had her own "Spin" of using words, putting them in phrases that seemed to only make sense to her-but as I move along on the Pain Road, I find myself going back to her words and somehow they seem to find a way of Fitting into this tough Journey I am on.

If she saw me take up an issue with my fierce determination, I would hear words like "Well Daughter, you just put a Big Pile of Rocks on the Road-nobody can get around them!"  Geez-I can't Lift Rocks anymore, there is No way I can Block this Road of Pain!   Moma would see me taking a person to task who had done wrong to others, and out would fly Words put together that only Moma seemed to get:
"Martha Lynn-You just Ripped that person's Britches Upside Down, they need a new pair now!"


I would love to tell Moma- "I can't Rip this Pain away from me"  it grows stronger as I find myself stumbling on the Journey, forgetting to do things, missing phone calls and texts from friends-because I am weary- and there is no way to let friends know-my goofs are not deliberate, its the PAIN!  It seems the Bumps in my Pain Road are growing by leaps and bounds-as I drag along, exhausted from lack of sleep, as the Pain keeps chewing me up, morning, noon and night!


One of my toughest decisions was recently made as I took time away from blogging-for some needed Rest!  Now I am back writing-as another Bump in the Road shows up,  Intense Pain forces me to leave short, choppy Responses to Comments left by those who chose to stop and read my Words! If I decide to ignore the Pain signals,  wicked Flames of Sciatic Burn hit- there is no place to hide, nothing to make it go away!  Its Pain sending me a Notice- "So you forgot again!  Lets see how Long the Burn will last this time!"


As I fight my Back and Forth battle with Pain, these Bumps in the Road are tough- the only person who really understands the battle-is the person living it each day!  I am a person who does not Quit-yes I have been knocked down Hard with Pain-but just as the Disciples were told by Jesus-  "Shake the Dust from your Sandals and move on."  There is no way for me to shake Pain away, but I choose to keep moving, taking life a day at a time.


I made the decision many years ago-Pain Won't Beat Me-and I am grabbing  those words with every fiber of my being.  The Road of Pain is filled with Bumps-but instead of moving them out of the way, I will simply take my time, asking God to hold my hand as I climb around the Pain.  My Moma would probably say "Now Sister, thats the way you skin a Chicken!" No way to Skin Pain, but remembering her unusual twist on words- gave me a moment of Joy on this day!  


Always know, I pray for everyone who suffers with Chronic Pain.  God be with you.


martha 













4 comments:

  1. Martha, just wondering if you have ever heard of pleading the blood over your pain? I used to do that, and lately God is reminding me of that. That his blood covered all of this and was spilled and poured out to take our suffering. To protect and to heal. To deliver. I am pleading the blood over situations and people in my life...and for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      Thank you for the caring words and prayers. I know God is with me as I walk this Path.

      Bless you.

      Martha

      Delete
  2. Dear Martha...out of deep pain you still share a wealth of wisdom. Your momma was some lady..full of wisdom too. I often wonder why some have such intense pain and others don't, doesn't seem fair. But the Word says it rains on the just and the unjust. Somehow we want to think we who are justified should not suffer as much yet there are people all over the world suffering for their Savior. Praying for you my friend.

    I received that beautiful hand made cross stitch picture...made me feel so special Martha, thank you. You are such a caring person. Again I pray for you as you battle pain. Blessings my wise hearted sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      I am happy you got the Cross-Stitch I made!!! Something tells me my Dear little GRANNY is smiling!!!

      Bless you for words filled with hope for me! I work hard to not fall into a huge Pity Party--because I know so many people are suffering, and I am not alone! The best blessings come in PRAYER-knowing I have wonderful women (((YOU))) and the others, along with others I know nothing about who care enough to PRAY--for Me!!

      Yes-my Moma was ONE of A KIND!

      God bless you Betty. One day at a time....Martha

      Delete