Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Looking for Answers~~~

In the early days of Chronic Pain flying into my life-I racked my brain, trying to understand why my Leg was hurting so bad-feeling like somebody was constantly rubbing Sand Paper on the inside of my knee-and one toe after the other going Numb!  I ignored other parts of my body that had taken a beating from Falling-as new Pains kept showing up daily-with my Leg being the Victim.  No answers came as I settled into my new lifestyle- Constant Pain, Repeated nights of minimal sleep-as my body began showing me what Pain looked like.  I hated seeing dark circles under my eyes, forgetting to do simple things- I walked around in a zombie-like manner, and kept ignoring Pain!

There were many long nights of Pain pulling me from sleep and I would walk around the house, just walking-trying to Beat the Pain but not having a Clue in the world as to the Monster I now faced. Our front porch became a Massage table of sorts-as I devised a way of rocking back and forth, rolling on the Sciatic Nerve that runs under my Butt and I could feel a sudden Sting-meaning I had found the Nerve and it gave me seconds of Relief!  Strange thing to do, I lost count of how many nights I spent on that porch, acting as my own Doctor-with this weird Pain Relief Procedure.

Finally I could no longer ignore the Pain-so the Medical Search began-Doctor after Doctor, telling me 
"Its all in your Mind-just forget about it" or "We think you have M.S.-we think?" All the while, my restless nights continued, as I started sleeping on a Heating Pad-seeking relief that never came.  I recall 
one Doctor examining me and asking "How did you get these Burn Marks on your Back?"  My mind pondered for a few seconds and it hit me "Oh thats from sleeping on a Heating Pad" no further questions
came from him!  I stopped searching and began Praying-asking God to send a Doctor my way-one that cared enough to Fight the Battle With Me.

It took time, but my Prayer was answered- God brought me a Doctor who deals with Pain Management who was willing to take me on and stay the course with me!  She promised no miracle cure-but she saw
My fierce Determination- we fought together, through some of the darkest moments, and we will continue the Journey. She has stayed the course with me, as she looks for answers to ease my Pain-her job has not been easy- as she must deliver the Cold Reality of the long battle I will have with Pain.

Nothing about Chronic Pain is easy-not a dang thing is easy!  But I am determined Pain Won't Beat Me!  Perhaps this is the best answer I could hope to find~~~~

God be with each person suffering in Pain.  I pray for you.  Please pray for me.

martha 


4 comments:

  1. Oh, Martha, I am praying. I am.

    I thank God He brought you to the doctor He did. She has been a God-send to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      Thank you for the prayers-I know you are praying for me! It is
      the best Gift any person could ever receive!

      My Doctor is amazing, I thank God for His Love!

      (((blessings)))
      martha

      Delete
  2. Yes... I'm always amazed how when I'm not feeling well at all, something joyful can lift me out of thinking about it in that moment. I'm glad this lifted you to joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      I continue learning lessons as I walk this path-Joy can do wonders in your life! Every second of Joy I can get-I am grateful for!

      God bless.
      martha

      Delete