Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Where is that Music Coming From?

This has been a quiet day for us-all I can do is go from chair to the bed and back to the chair again. " HH" got outside and over-did himself in the heat-finding out fast, "Thank God for A/C" as he plopped on the sofa.

We started "surfing" tv channels for something to watch- finding  a movie we enjoy, meaning we have seen it too many times-but what the heck-its just too hot to do anything else.

"HH" is still in the Learning Curve of our New television-and forgets all the extra "bling" that goes with it.  He feels lucky just to turn it on and find a news channel.  Now we have Five remotes to work with-and it does get confusing.  We have DISH service and they have received numerous Midnight calls as we are asking "Okay, now Which button do I push to turn this thing on again?" 

Thank goodness they are helpful and we are learning which buttons to stay away from.  But today, one of the Best TV moments arrived-"HH" is resting on the sofa, watching the movie, and "thinks" there is music coming from somewhere, so he jumps up to make sure there isn't a strange car outside, comes back in, sits down-only to say "Heh, there is that music again, tell me you hear it Too!"

I had to agree with dear Husband- Music was coming from some unknown place but we had no clue where the source might be.  I got up, hobbled slowly outside, hoping to find the music Culprit-but no luck. Finally we decided "The Music is coming from that Bar near the Park-they always have a Loud Band playing on a holiday like this one!"  Suddenly the music shut off-We had solved the mystery together!  Great minds
do work together-sometimes.

Just as fast, here came the Music Again, and my husband stormed outside one more time-hoping to hear Music blasting away- thats when it dawned on me as to the source of Unknown Music sounds.  Lets see-I think it was Number Four Remote that operates the  Sound System and there it was-"the low sound of music being played as the Movie was going!"

We had convinced ourselves it was Time for another hearing test-as dear husband came in, smiled with delight to see the Music was Gone!  He looked at me, asking "What do you think happened? The Sound is gone!"  I paused-realizing it was a  Martha Moment as I slowly lifted the Remote, Clicking it On-Music played,  Clicking it Off-Music Gone!  He gave me one of those Looks and said;

"So are you messing with my Hearing now?" I took a long breath and finally admitted "Those Remotes
can be really tricky at times, don't you think!"

I can't describe the Look given to me by dear husband!  Something tells me he will have labels on all Remotes before this night ends.  Oh Well, We did find out Where the Music was coming From!

On this day-I do believe we had some Heavenly intervention to help us find the Music!

God bless you all.   Martha

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my.....

    I would be so helpless with the remotes too. I never watch movies on DVD on my own. I will always ask my guy to set one up for me. All the maze of those remotes..... what more if I had 4?

    Gee that would be too confusing, I might never be able to turn on the TV if were alone.

    Good that you had the learning fun as well as the time to be in and watch the shows.

    I can't imagine the heat that you are going through..... what with those wild fire up in Colorado. I pray for all those fire victims, that they may be able to build back soon.

    Meanwhile have lots of liquids there, Martha. We are on the wet side now and a storm goes with another on its tail. Thus flooding is now the trend and schools is so much a trouble up in the Capital Manila, or the Northern part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lolita-
      This proved to be our highlight of the day! It was comical to watch matt trying to figure out the SOUND source-realizing it was Me and the Remote!

      It has been very hot but nothing like other parts of the country and especially Colorado!! My heart aches for the losses suffered there by so many!

      I wish the rain would slow for your area dear friend and perhaps God could send some wonderful Wind to blow it our way.

      My prayers are with you dear.

      love, martha

      Delete
    2. Oh, Lolita, I'm sorry for all your storms! Is this monsoon season? I'll be praying!

      Delete
    3. Martha, this was funny! You have to see my mental images as I'm reading. Thank you for sharing this light-hearted post. You made me start off my day with laughter!

      May you have a good day today! Love you.

      Delete
    4. Diane-
      I must admit-this was one crazy moment of watching Matt going back and forth-then seeing me Holding a Lone Remote!

      It felt as if all the Angels and one very SPECIAL ANGEL helped us find laughter when we really needed it!!!

      God bless you dear friend. Watch out for those Remotes!

      Love, martha

      Delete
  2. What a kick, Martha! Sometimes I get up before my radio alarm and start moving around the house... when suddenly, I hear voices or music coming from somewhere!!! It tends to creep me out for a minute (since I'm single) and then a rush of phew!! It's only my clock radio come on!

    Yes, all these crazy remotes can make me crazy. I used to be able to get by with just two... and even was able to tape one channel while watching another. I loved that because I love old classic movies and could be taping and watching some other show too. Then...cable forced digital, and now there are four remotes - and sadly, inability to tape and watch something else. Channel must always be set to one channel number to work the rest. Ay yi yi. Oh well, it is a blessing to tape, watch DVD, and have music and regular shows...

    Funny memory for a hot day! And yes... it's been miserably hot here too and way too humid. Waiting and praying for a break with a breath of fresh air and cool breezes. Prayers to Lolita for their rain, Colorado for fires... and refreshing weather for all :)

    I love your humor... funny stories and true ones at that are medicine to our bodies and souls (paraphrase to proverbs :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      So Glad to hear somebody else has "TV Remote Problems!" It can drive a person to complete distraction!! I am learning-you got to laugh at these moments (matt didn't exactly see the humor at first-but within a few minutes, he got it) and now He is holding all the Remotes by his chair!! Hmmmm-wonder if "strange Music" will start up again!!!!

      Sorry its been so hot in your area-and for Lolita-oh the rains. We were blessed to get just over one inch of rain last week-it is like a miracle when we see it coming down!!

      Thanks for the compliments on my stories-I do agree with you, laughter is Very Good for body and soul!!

      God bless you Pam. Martha

      Delete
  3. Love this post Martha...it gave me a laugh. Ace and have had a few of those coming back into the states and dealing every time with new gagets. This time we bought a tv, new dvd player, hooked up to cable and are contantly saying to each other, "now what channel is such and such on". Same with the cell phone...still have not master voice mail. cant' ever remember my password...I just keep telling my self if someone is desperate to get ahold of me they will send the police. Thanks for the laugh.

    Ace had knee surgery today so find my self busy taking care of my man. He is doing well. The 16th he goes for his neck which he hurt way back in Feb...both of us are getting repairs to these frail bodies left unattended for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      I am so GLAD to know others go through the awful REMOTE CONTROL nightmare! Matt really thought something crazy was going on, until he saw that One Remote in my hand-then he knew "Okay Martha-the Gig is up!" We both had a good chuckle about it.. Least I did for sure.

      Sorry to hear about Ace-but I know you are being a Great Nurse to him! I will keep him in my prayers and PLEASE let me know how the neck surgery goes.

      I have to say-if the medical field keeps growing, we are going to become Bionic People!! But with Gray Hair!!!!

      Love & Blessings to you my friend. Martha

      Delete