Saturday, July 7, 2012

Its Okay if something can't be Fixed.......

Wait a minute-did I just say its Okay if Something can't be Fixed?  Oh my gosh, even Typing these words suddenly produce a Bad Taste in my Mouth- I recall being  young- my Mom giving each of us a Spring Tonic (the only Spring thing about it was our fast run to the bathroom) but we leaned our heads back, held our nose and took it!   To this day, I can still recall the Bad Taste- but we learned there was No getting away from Mom's Annual Dosing-and we lined up like good little kids, and Accepted what was coming our way! (I forgot to mention, the Bathroom was Outside.)

Its the same process with my Chronic Pain-it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to understand my Injury- there will be Considerable Damage done to your Buttocks from being 12 feet up in a tree, then Crash to the ground! I can't  run from this Pain-heck it waits patiently for me, picking and choosing its time of Attack.
Something urged me to "Surf the Web" as I stumbled on a Site that felt as if my Name was on it!  It gave a thorough explanation of my Pain problem (I knew most of this, but it needed to be reinforced for me)

American Chronic Pain Association-   

Neuropathic Pain:
otherwise known as Nerve Pain-is a type of Chronic Pain that occurs when Nerves in the Central Nervous System become Injured or Damaged.  It is usually accompanied by Tissue Injury.

I turned the pages, already knowing the answer but something pushed me to look further:

Can Nerve Pain be Cured?
There is No Cure for the Damaged Nerves that cause Nerve Pain. By getting actively involved, you can reduce your sense of suffering and improve the Quality of your life. Another area stated: There are no Medicines you can get without a Prescription that will be strong enough to effectively manage your Pain! 

This one hit home-people are telling me "Just take some Advil-that will do the trick!" Maybe this is why my eyes feel like rolling back in my head and I want to say "Seriously, Seriously-are you Kidding me?"
But I stay silent as it hits me, not everybody is going to understand Chronic Pain and they probably don't want to Hear me talking about it that much.  I would love to tell them "My Doctor has been Up Close with me, letting me know Why she will Not increase My Pain Medicine-its not a fun conversation, but I hear each word and I am blessed she cares enough to Get My Attention!"

Finding this Web Page helped in many ways-it gave me a chance to see "Positive Moves" I have made- becoming a Active Patient with my Doctor as we work together with my Pain issues.  The Pride I feel by finding courage to step out of my "Comfort Zone" sharing my journey with Pain, putting it on the Web for others to read- being deeply humbled by stories of others-also living with Chronic Pain, and hearing about their ability to reach beyond the Pain and find Joy. They are my Inspiration and I am in awe of such tremendous endurance, courage and FAITH.

As I admit- its Okay if Something Can't be Fixed- a deeper understanding fills my heart with the most important Life Lesson- I am Not Alone in this Journey-God is right beside me each day.   

This is why I pray for all those who suffer, and yes, I do pray for Me too!  

God be with you.  Thanks for always listening and caring.  Martha

4 comments:

  1. What did we ever do before Google? What a tool we have at our disposal. A few finger moves and a click and the world is before us.

    Please keep Donna in prayer. I've not heard much of an update, since her VERY long surgery ended except that she is in much pain. She has no family to surround her except her church family, so I'm not sure she has any kind of advocate to make sure she is getting her pain meds on time, etc.

    Thank you for caring for those you don't even know, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      Yes-the computer world and all the information available to us-sometimes its a bit too much to take in. I come from the generation of looking in a big book-of which I would need to use Spellcheck to get the spelling correct.

      So sorry to hear about your Friend, Donna-and her suffering. Recovery from surgery is hard-you are taking it one second at a time. Hopefully she has some Insurance Coverage-thank goodness the Medical field does understand as to how intense pain can slow any type of recovery from surgery.

      She is one of the many that I speak of and yes, I do care-its tough to hear of another person having to suffer.

      God bless. Martha

      Delete
  2. That too is a great thing to thank God for. While there are negative things with the internet.... there is a host of positive/advantages it carries when used for the good-for yourself for the world....Encouragement, sharing and loving.... another community has sprung and we are partakers.

    How would I ever met all of you, shared what you have to offer as I do mine.

    Thanks also Martha for how you are standing for others in the Pain community.

    Thanks to you, Diane. If you haven't replied to me..... the connection might have been broken early on.

    Martha-

    Even if God is silent for a long time about your Pain, there is always a good reason and benefit to gain from it. But we are gonna hang on, aren't we? You have gone this far, He will always be by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      I agree about the "Miracle Internet Meeting" of so many wonderful people who I treasure having met and getting to know them!! We share many Bonds-and talk about a fantastic PRAYER CHAIN!!!

      When my blog was being assembled, I had one thought in mind-to let others know about my roller-coaster Walk with Pain and to share this thought "Pain Won't Beat Me"-Yes, Pain will beat us up, flatten us, definitely take us To the Wall-but with HIS grace, we can still find our way through all of it.

      I feel God is "speaking With Me" more than I could ever imagine! HE knows my fears of opening up and putting my struggles out there-for everyone who chooses to drop in and read how this Texas Girl lives with Pain.

      My heart says HE is giving me the words I type-and for that, along with so much more, I am blessed beyond my wildest hopes and dreams. HE made sure to bring MATT into my life-my ROCK!!!!

      I am thankful for "God talking to me"-I would be nothing without Him.

      God bless. Martha

      Delete