Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Silent Moment of Sharing Pain~~~

Have you ever found Pain silently sitting near you?  We have probably all had an encounter with Pain~~its obvious-as you try to reason out the movements of someone who is suffering~  Pain is roaring in the body~~ you look at it, trying to shake the image from your eyes, whispering a silent prayer of Thanks that you are not the one who is suffering- yet Pain stands firm as you silently observe its victim.

I now find myself a member of the "Need a Cane Group" who attends our local church.  My husband has begged me for a long time to use my Cane-just keep it with me~~in case I were to fall. Each person has the same slow, cautious walk-no longer afraid to hide their fear of falling~~ some have already faced the horror of a Broken Hip and the long, painful recovery that follows~~they have cast Vanity out the Door and are proud of their Cane.

Yesterday I sat at church, my trusty Cane sitting by the Church Songbooks~having said my prayers, I
watched as people filled the pews, some I knew-others are new faces we are seeing as our church is
rapidly growing, and yet among all these faces~~~ Pain was there, silently following those who slowly made their way inside.

A dear friend sat in front of me~~in deep prayer, when his own physical Pain showed up!  I wanted to swat the Pain away as he rubbed his aching back-each movement being a reminder of the Pain that follows me.  My heart ached~~I was so close to him, wishing to ease his suffering~~a deep feeling of helplessness washed over me as we sat in Silence, Pain slowly moving back and forth between us!

As we knelt in prayer- it felt like a lightening bolt hit me~~suddenly I knew there was a way to help push  Pain aside for a few moments. My heart eased as it dawned on me "Gee Martha-why not talk to God right where you are~HE is listening and will hear your prayers!"

My prayers came easy, and when it was time for all of us to stand, my friend turned~~ we stood smiling  in silence~~our eyes did all the talking, words were not needed in this precious moment.  You never know when a chance might come your way to silently help ease the suffering of another~one Silent Prayer is heard loud and clear by the Good Man Above!

Please know you are in my prayers this day.  May God be with you always.

martha


No comments:

Post a Comment