Friday, October 12, 2012

Why does Pain Relief have to turn so Bad?

I will dive right in and hit the issue we are all hearing on the news lately~~ Tainted Steroid Injections given to countless people who are desperate for Pain Relief, suddenly becoming ill with a life-threatening illness!  It is news that enrages all who deal with daily non-stop Pain and now many have already died needlessly.  What can anybody say to a family who lost their loved one in this careless manner?  Sorry we didn't do enough quality check control-oh and we probably didn't alert the many doctors using our drug as to the potential danger laying in wait?

Last week was my time for injections again and when I heard this news, my gut did a major flip-flop and all I could think was "Dear God, please don't let this be happening" as my fingers shook while dialing my Pain Management Doctor's office.  The question flew out of my mouth, pleading to find out if this drug was being used by her, and I was stunned to hear that hundreds of her patients had called, desperate for "good news" and probably breathing in a Huge Sigh of relief~~ I certainly did-being grateful for my Doctor not
using this particular company.

For all of those who received injections- it has to be a living nightmare, just waiting for the first signs of the illness to appear!  We reach out for help with Chronic Pain-not careless drug production that sends us in a nosedive of Fear.  For those still battling Chronic Pain-this type of news can easily drive them into hiding-afraid to reach out for medical help, fearful of becoming another victim.  Lawsuits are forming-but no lawsuit in the world can bring a loved one back to a grieving family~~ patients who contract this terrible illness face lengthy recovery periods, joined by an array of massive medical bills!

I am enraged with this horrendous injustice inflicted upon helpless people-but I know rage is wasted energy, and I want  to Help~~ So I turn to God~~ saying my words of prayer here,

"Dear God-For those helpless victims who have passed from this nightmare illness, please comfort their families in this hour of darkness for them.  For the victims who are currently ill and fighting for their lives-oh how I beg you God to cover them with your precious Healing-reach out and touch them with your LOVE.  
God please be with the countless others who sit in suspended Fear, hear their Prayers as they Beg to be spared this terrible illness.  Please be with the doctors who treat people for Chronic Pain-help them to be more diligent about these drugs and the procedure, after all the Doctors are an extension of your Healing Power.  Thank you for listening God~~ I know you are right here!"

Its not easy to say this God-but its needed~~ Forgive those who are directly involved with making 
this drug.  

On this night I wish Chronic Pain would just go away-but that doesn't happen.  My heart is deeply burdened~~  I am so very sorry for every person living in Pain and I pray this illness will pass by all who were in its terrible path.

God bless.
martha




No comments:

Post a Comment