Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How others speak about Pain~~~~~~

If you have dropped by my Blog, its a sure bet you got a chance to read many Comments I make about the Chronic Pain I live with each day of my life, and without question, I do not mince words-Chronic Pain is Miserable!  Thats my nice spin on it as I realize it really serves no purpose to lean back in my chair and let words fly that should never be seen on the computer screen.  Those words come when I am lying on the Procedure table at the hospital and my Wonderful Pain Management Doctor begins the injections. Thank goodness I don't recall anything that I said and always apologize to everyone around me-they put me at ease by telling me "Heh, Pain Hurts~ you are not the only one who lets the cursing fly while you are here!"

Recently I found some quotes made by Shakespeare regarding Sciatica Pain-I wondered if he really knew what it was all about and so it sent me on a search venture of sorts to see what "comments" I might find on the Internet from others who are living with this monster called Chronic Pain.  The first website I found was one for people who suffer with Arthritis and its many forms~~~ it took less than a minute to find pages of comments made by these "warriors" and a deep place in my heart began to ache!  

Here is a mix of real words spoken by real people who battle each day of their lives with Chronic Pain~~
"I try to Remain Positive, but sometimes I feel pretty worthless"
"Living with Chronic Pain-Uhm, how about Lets Not!"
"You got to Keep on Slogging through the Mire"
"I never want to feel Pain like this Again"
"I am so tired of it all, but You have to keep Going"
"All I have is memories of what I once was-Its a Hard Pill to Swallow"
"Prayer keeps me Grounded and Sane"
"I choose to Live and not let Pain take everything away!"

Their words went on and on as I stumbled upon a page where some of our Famous Actors spoke about living with Chronic Pain~~ George Clooney, an extremely talented man has battled with severe back pain from injuries and had to slow his career down as he battled with pain.  Jerry Lewis-an actor whose on screen antics has brought much laughter to people, finally had a device implanted in his spine to help him live more free of unending Chronic Pain.

Yet all the people who shared some of their words about the anguish they must face each day in the Battle, are still living and moving and trying very hard to cope.  There are so many days when I would love to just start crying and not stop for a long time-but instead I grit my teeth and push forward.  In simple words-I stuff my heartache down, until finally everything bubbles to the surface and I realize- "Its Okay to Cry!" Tears are a way to release frustration, anger, Physical Pain and Sadness-and after a good cry, I can rise up and face the Battle again.  

If I were to offer any advice to those who do Not live with Chronic Pain and one day you find someone standing in front of you as they dare to share about the ups and downs of living with Pain-

                                             ~~~~Simply open your Heart and Listen~~~~

I ask God to please be with everyone who is suffering with Pain-help bring them a moment of Relief.
                                                                   Martha


                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment