Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How to get through the Worst Days~~~

First question-Anybody got a Suggestion on how to battle the Bad Pain days?  I feel like people will read this and say
"Seriously-You should know how to do this!" 

You would be right- the process of fighting through horrible Pain days is well known to me, but guess what-

I don't Enjoy a Single Moment of the Battle!  
Its Miserable-no other way to get around describing this fight.
What I would give for a Do-Over of that Awful day so many years ago, as I climbed that tree-
thinking Nothing Bad could ever happen! 

Chronic Pain seems to have a way of taking every second of the day and giving you "reminders" throughout the day-
"Oh, I haven't gone anywhere.  How is your Back feeling right now?"

Second Question-How does it feel when people give you their own Miracle Cure Suggestion?
When this happens, it seems as if all of me shuts down-I can hear the person talking, see their genuine desire to offer an idea of help for this Pain I live with-and all I can think is-

You don't Get it!  There is No Way you will ever understand Chronic Pain!
The only way you might get it is if Pain joined your Life~~

Sorrow hits me as I think
  "Oh God, I never want another person to suffer with Chronic Pain!"  I would not wish this on my Worst Enemy!

Third Question- How many times during the roughest days do you reach out and say
 "God, you have to help me today!  I just don't have the strength inside me."

Many years ago while my Dad was still alive, I dared to ask a question about his time in WWII-he never spoke of it and something told me "tread carefully" as I asked him
 "Daddy, did you have moments where you Prayed during the War?"
This moment is burned into my memory-he took a long, hard look at me and said with No Hesitation~~
"Yep Sister, I prayed every Damn Day!  We all did!"
That was my first and last question to ask of him and the horrors of War-those words told me much more than I ever wanted to know!

Final Question- Do you have friends to reach out for on the bad days of Pain?  
I have friends who love me, despite my Pain, who probably want me to stop talking away about my Burning Butt, Aching Body, Weary Legs-on and on, but they will lend me open ears, loving hearts, and Love me in ways  I  never have dreamed possible. 

I pray you do have a friend, relative-maybe someone with a caring heart that will stop and be there for you-
giving their complete attention to you, so Pain can be Dumped out of your Heart for just a few Minutes.

My suggestion for the bad Pain Days~~~

Take it One Day at a Time-sometimes Take it One Second when thats all you can do!

For everyone who suffers with Pain, I urge you to hang in there.  

You always have a Prayer coming from me~~~
martha 


No comments:

Post a Comment