Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The "Wow I am in Pain Walk" as the Doors keep Opening!

Yesterday was my time to get Injections for my Burning Butt Pain-and something always surprises me each time I am there, it ranges from seeing an elderly person suffering in quiet dignity-waiting her turn to be called back for some"Hopeful Magic Medicine for Pain" or a young woman, a look of obvious fear on her face-telling me this might be her first visit here and has no clue of what to expect.  Within minutes of my arrival, it stuns me each time to see how quickly the room fills up with so many of us- Chronic Pain People, each of us with obvious signs that say "Wow I really am in Pain today" and all we want is Help-so the wicked Pain will go away!

For me, its like visiting long lost relatives-the nurses all know me by now, all the Attendants in the Procedure room recognize me as I start growling about how cold the room is-then stop fussing as I know, they are here to help Me feel better, so I will toss out a joke or ask how their day is going.  After that-the next memory is of a caring Nurse telling me "Martha-time to wake up and go home, its all over now!"

Something hit me as I waited for my doctor to arrive-it was the Nurses-I know so many of them but it seemed as if I was being told "Martha-time to pay attention-Watch the Nurses" and to see them in action-Comforting Angels is the best description I can give for all of them!  Their voice is always filled with a true tone of Care, delicate hands reaching out to offer any assistance one might need, before anything is done to us, they go the distance in explaining what is going to happen, and do everything in their ability to prevent any further Pain coming our way!  

It was like watching a moving machine filled with "Comforting Angels" who kept everyone moving, plumping our pillows, bringing a Warm Blanket our way-always asking "Can I do anything for you?"
I have no clue as to the number of total patients who entered the doors yesterday-but without question, each person was given the same genuine Love and Care-something coming at a time when its so very needed.

I believe God must chooses these Nurses very carefully-they walk those floors, greet people at the door, seeing Chronic Pain flowing in, never stopping until the day has ended.  The next time I go there, you can be assured I will have found the image of a Special Angel-to give them in thanks for the Loving Care they extend to me!

Thank God for all Nurses around the world.

martha





4 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing about the nurses.

    Unsung heroes. Especially those who handle the chronicly pained. God bless them.

    So glad that you are able to sit at your computer and post! Yeah, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank goodness for a "wireless keyboard" because thats the only way I could type-Standing UP!

      Plus My dear husband is only letting me take a few computer moments each day! its for the best. if i sit down, bad results will come flying. the burning pain is dulled-not gone.

      blessings to you diane.


      Delete
  2. I pray that this shot will make you feel a lot better for a long time, Martha. How long are you gonna stay standing?

    And yes, we thank God for the Nurse Angels he has blessed us, with their concern and sincere assistance to patients, and to pain patients especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      Well--I will be happy if the BURN stays at a low Hum for another week!!! I know-not the words one would hope to hear. But this is a Nerve that has been trapped in Scar Tissue for years--so I don't know if we can get it to be QUIET---i have two more rounds of injections to see if we can silence it...

      I probably need to keep the Standing going until my next injection-about a month from now.... Either standing or leaning on just one side to keep all pressure from the Left side (there is the problem area)---try to picture your butt hitting the ground from 12feet up in the air---its a major impact and well as they say, the rest is history!!!

      These nurses are so amazing Lolita!! The LOVE shines in them-i am always stunned to see such caring people who go the extra mile to HELP us Pain folks...

      (((blessings and hugs)))
      martha

      Delete