Sunday, August 5, 2012

Heh-I can Handle these Guys!

"Does somebody have a Problem here?"

This is me- about Four years old, doing what I loved-being outside with all the Animals!  I love the "Look" coming from the Goats-as if to say, "Wait a minute, she doesn't look like Us" but if you look close, one lone Goat is moving out of the photo fast-maybe this Goat was thinking-
"She might look Tiny, but word has it-You better Watch out for this One!"

I am sure Daddy was only steps from me, ready to rescue me if the Goats decided I was too close-yet he knew I was having the time of my young life and didn't want this moment to pass!  Now try to imagine almost Four Hundred extra Goats standing nearby-yes, we had almost the same number of Sheep and I spent just as much time with them too!  This was life on the farm and if Daddy was outside, you could figure I would be there too!

Yet there was a daily conflict of sorts going on-Moma so determined to see her little Girl dressed up-Daddy fussing with her to "hurry things up" so we could get outside quickly.  I try to imagine the discussions flying between them- Moma rushing to dress me, Daddy being in a hurry, but waiting patiently as the final touch was added-my pretty Black Patent Leather Shoes!

At the end of these long ago days, I recall Moma taking one long "whiff" of her little girl, and the words flew "Daughter, you smell like those ugly Goats and Sheep! Oh my, look at your little shoes-all messed up with Sheep Poop on them!" Daddy would lean against the bedroom wall- a grin of true delight on his face, knowing there was no way to keep his little girl from "smelling like a Farm Animal."

I love everything about this picture- delightful memories fill my heart, followed by a familiar Ache-knowing my Parents are gone,  watching from their Heavenly Post as I battle against Chronic Pain, wishing they were here to hold me in their arms, yet my heart seems to tell me, "Listen closely Martha-for their words"

"Sister, we remember a tiny little girl  filled with such Fierce Determination-She is still with you, helping to fight against the Pain! Remember- God is with you, always."

I treasure this picture-it took me for a long walk today that filled me with Joy.

I  say a prayer for those who suffer with Chronic Pain, please say One for me too.

martha

6 comments:

  1. I love old photos like this one and the story they tell. I'm glad this one lifts you up. I think God smiles on us as your dad did on you...as we carry the scent of His love on us.
    Bless you, Martha. I pray for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam!
      This photo is pretty special to me-and it felt wonderful to remember so far back in my life and then to write about it!!

      I can't find all the words to say how much I appreciate your Prayers! Without doubt, I know God hears each one! You are in my prayers also.

      Bless you Pam. martha

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad this photo and all it's memories brought you such joy! It is precious.

    I've ALWAYS wanted to experience farm/ranch life. Truly. To get a glimpse of it through you, is a blessing. Thank you, Martha!

    Your post put a smile on my face today! Love, with my prayers, to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane!
      Glad to have you take a peek at a very young "martha" doing exactly what she loved to do-be out among the animals!!

      When I found this photo-wonderful memories flooded my heart! My Mom must have worked constantly to keep my little black shoes looking pretty!

      Thanks for the loving words Diane.

      bless you. martha

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love this picture of you and all the goats around you, Martha. Was it taken at a winter day? You look so pretty and dressed up, as you said your Momma fusses over you.

    This sure lifts up our heart as we look back all the years when everything was new. Glad you have plenty to give you joy and remembrance.

    I love the way Pam relates the scent of our Father's love being carried by us. More like His praises we clothe ourselves with and then what woe could cling in the heart full of His knowledge and love.

    Wish you joy-filled days, Martha, above the pains. Regards to Matt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      My Moma is smiling in Heaven about your comments of me looking so pretty! She did fuss over how I dressed as a little girl.

      Without question, this long ago photo fills my heart with Joyful memories! Life was so simple-and my delight was being with Daddy every moment possible.

      God blessed me with those times. I know HE is with me now, and will help guide me through this Pain. Your prayers are a Treasure to me Lolita-a treasure.

      love, martha

      Delete