Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I help put the BURN out?

                                                              
                                            Hands of Love Shtick-by Veronica Anderson

Well if anybody could "capture" the image of my lovely Butt, Leg and Foot Burning Pain, only Veronica could do it this well!  Yes the look on my face is "exactly" how I feel about this Pain and then I look to see the "loving hearts" extending from Veronica's Hands-knowing she is sending me a message the way only she can do-its her way of showing how she wishes my Pain would stop!

If I sat here forever and typed every word possible to describe the Burn-nothing does it better than this image does.  This Pain is constant and it does Burn as if there is a fire flowing up and down my leg.  I believe the basic medical term is "Chronic Sciatica" and let me tell you , its wicked.

This image came to me on a very special day-37 years ago, I married the love of my life and it still seems as if it were just a few days ago.  Yes the world around us has changed and without doubt, my old body has changed but our love has remained "constant!"  We did nothing special-actually my husband took the day off and went fishing!  Now I hear the voices rising "Heh, you should have spent this day together" and yet I felt such peace in seeing him leave for a while today, as it gave me time to rest and really travel back across the years in my mind, remembering that special day, how young we were and nothing seemed impossible for us back then.  We were ready to start our lives together and our feelings have not changed a bit.

If anything, all that we have been through together, well its brought us even closer-as if we know each other's thoughts before we speak them.  We also both knew with the Pain I am having, it would be next to impossible to enjoy doing anything special.  He gave me the BEST gift of all-I asked him last night what he now thinks of his old wife, beaten up by Pain, weary from the battle but refusing to give up the fight, and as always he took my hands and told me "I think you are still that beautiful woman I married and can't wait to grow older with you!"  I gushed and hugged him, telling him my heart feels the same for him.

Thank you Veronica-you did me a world of good today-matter of fact-you brought me my wonderful moment of JOY that I look for each day!

God bless you and keep looking up.  Martha

6 comments:

  1. And your love makes me cry with admiration, born of being romantic myself and because you were always meant to be, ordained and pre-destined by God to be together.

    Just go on living each day for each other. There are three of you around, you know. God is always a part of your family. We are too and we are reaching out to you, so much like how Veronica has represented her own hands, wanting to encircle you with our love and prayers... wanting to find that relief you need to spend the rest of your years together (Matt and you), able to do things you both love doing.

    Thanks V, for you have extended your heart to Martha, so aptly expressed in the picture.

    I love you, Martha..... Happy Anniversary to you and Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      This is a message straight from your heart and it touches me deeply!
      Thank you for reminding me-God is the Head of our Family and now all these amazing women I am meeting-you also have joined in, giving me renewed energy to keep the battle going against Pain. Without question, Veronica has indeed extended her heart toward me, and giving a "Vivid" image as to the burning Pain that haunts me each day.

      Yes I have been deeply blessed and yet there are so many people out there, unknown to us, suffering in silence, doing all they can to endure the Pain they deal with. Let us always keep them lifted up in prayer and hope-for the day when they can feel the
      JOY of Pain having left their body.

      This was a loving comment Lolita-one I shall treasure forever.

      God bless you and I will "Imagine" You, looking up at a lovely blue sky, with the ocean waters floating gently as the two rise and join together.

      Love always, Martha

      Delete
  2. Yaay! You did it! You downloaded, saved and posted yourself! I'm so proud of us! Hehehe. You always manage to shine through that mean old pain, Martha! And Matt always manages to look right through it and see his lovely bride... and then go off fishing on his own. Heehehehhe. I love that you put that little info in there! Love forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica-
    I am suprised you didn't hear me "Shouting to the Rooftops" with Joy when I managed to Slay the "Computer Dummy" within me and finally Learn how to do some of these new things!

    Yes my dear, I am proud of both of us too!!

    Keep your work going--because you are on a wonderful Path!

    Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS NEW MARTHA, SHTICK!!!! WONDERFUL, VERONICA!!!!

    I rarely read fiction or love stories. But, you posts of the love you and Matt share just causes my romantic heart to sing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      You are so sweet-and I also LOVE the New Martha Shtick Image done by Veronica!! She "nailed it on the head" as we say here in Texas and my heart just melted at the image of her hands, reaching out, extending care and love toward the FIRE running up and down my leg.

      I am also very touched as to your words about Matt and Me! As I have said, the man is my Rock and 37 years later, he STILL makes my heart go "pitter, patter" just by looking at me with those Eyes of his!!!

      Love and blessings dear friend. Martha

      Delete