Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Picking myself up Again!!

No-this post title does not mean to say I took a bad fall, Thank God-because if that were the case, I would be at the Hospital Emergency room right now, trying to figure out the damage done by a fall.

Like all who suffer with Chronic Pain, some of the roughest days will suddenly arrive, with no warning or reason except to say "HELLO, I AM HERE AGAIN!"  I have all my daily coping skills and start using them first when it hits me that I am feeling like a huge truck ran over my body!  Prayer comes pretty quick, then trying to do something  relaxing so my mind is off the intense throbbing, walking the floor and complaining to my dear husband who must be thinking "Lord please give me patience and please help my wife" and on it goes.

It feels like a vicious cycle with no end in sight and yet I know its vital that I dig so deep-to find every bit of determination possible so I can hang in there and Never Allow Pain To Beat Me.  Trust me-there are no Victory Chants when it feels like I have gained some ground, because these are the seconds when I am grabbing for every ounce of strength possible-and sometimes when I am grabbing desperately for strength, its very scary to feel weak and worn thin from Pain.

What I have learned is this:  a) Always turn to God in Prayer and never think He is not listening-He hears every word of Prayer I utter, and what a GIFT this is for all.

b) Get smart about my Pain-keep doing research, and yes-I do get down when the same words appear and sound so promising but in my case, fully knowing  there is no magical cure.

c) Reach out to others-Now as I say this, my dread is that friends will finally look at me one day and say "Gee Martha-I am so Tired of hearing how bad you hurt, so just DO something about it!"  Two things will happen if I ever hear those words-First I will apologize for leaning too hard on them  and then I will walk away and never complain again to them.  I must look within and realize, it is very hard to keep listening with an open heart-because we are so very human.  All I can do is hope and pray that I do not let my feelings turn to anger.

My list of things to do goes on but as I just said in the last few lines of this blog, I don't want to become the Best Pain Complainer in the World!

This has been a rough "Pain Spell" for me-I feel it, see it, and Know it!  I asked my husband yesterday if he could "see" the changes in me that Pain has brought on-he paused, as I gave him a look that might compare to a recent movie "The Help"-where Minny is saying "I want to see you Square On" because I wanted to hear his words-no matter what was said!

His voice was filled with love and strength as the words came out "Martha, I see how tired you are at times, your walk is slower, I know you are really struggling with the Pain, and yet you are still the same beautiful, blonde haired woman with eyes that grabbed me the second I met you and fell in love with you on the spot!"

Oh my goodness-as I try to end this post, my heart is swelling with the tremendous love this amazing man has for me and tears are filling my eyes.  Its hit me-he is with me for the long run-all the way and his love will not waver!  God brought him to me and I realize how blessed I am to have the love of God surrounding me.

As my Mom and Dad both would tell me, "Sister, you just have to take life a day at a time."

My help is right in "front" of me and that gives me great Joy in the midst of my struggle.  I keep praying for all those who are suffering with this horrible battle-just take it a day at a time.  God bless you all.  Martha

18 comments:

  1. Gosh, that man of yours...I get butterflies just reading what he says to you.

    SIGH...

    Your posts always bless me.

    I'm so sorry this is a bad day again...

    Mine has been bad today too. When I have emotional days, it sets it off. But, then I come here and I know there are some who understand.

    I'll be praying for you tonight, Sweet Sister! God's grace is sufficient for all of us. I just hold onto that. For all of us on your blog!

    Blessings and hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      Well I wish that neither one of us needed a PAIN BUDDY-but my dear, here we are for each other-Praise GOD for that gift! Yes emotions can cause Pain to run wild in our bodies.

      Today I pushed myself to get outside and move around-and as the day was coming to a close, my hubby and I were sitting and watching the sun go down-I asked him "So-what did you think about me being outside today and trying to do some things?" He didn't even pause and said "Yes-I am dang proud of you for it" but as I looked at him, the REAL reason came out "I knew you were doing anything you could to keep your mind off the Pain!"

      I love him, and I love your prayers my dear Diane! What blessings you are able to give and they do help me.

      I thank all of you "My Blogging Circle" for prayers and concern. We lift each other up!

      God bless you. Martha

      Delete
  2. My eyes filled with tears reading this and my heart filled with admiration for you... to realize that no matter how big the pain gets your soul gets bigger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Veronica-
      These words make me STOP and be SILENT-they are huge-I look at myself, eyes weary, then listen to my complaining rants and think as I read your words about my Soul getting bigger-it makes me feel beyond humbled-your precious words fills my heart with love and I just thank GOD for you!!

      Martha

      Delete
    2. I love what you said, Veronica. Yes, Martha's soul gets bigger.

      Group hug

      Delete
    3. Diane-
      As I dragged myself to bed last night about midnight-I shared with Matt about Veronica's comment of my "soul" getting bigger-He just looked at me with such tenderness and said "that is a wonderful thing to have someone say about you!" But I told him "I don't see myself like that" and without skipping a beat- he said "Martha, Martha-just take a good look-you are a loving person!"

      Don't know what I did to deserve a man like this!!!!! Don't know what I did to deserve such amazing women around me in a very special "Circle!"

      Thank you Diane!!! WOW. Martha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Veronica-
      I can't imagine missing the chance to find out all about you!! Here you are with such talents, a heart so big and filled with compassion that comes flying out just as fast as your "creations" do!!

      God loves you so much and HE is helping to guide your hand!! There are big things ahead for you and HE will show you the way.

      Thanks be to God for this gal named Veronica!!! love, martha

      Delete
    2. Amen to what you said about Veronica!

      Group hug!

      Delete
    3. Diane-
      Yes-major group Hug is always needed and appreciated!!! I do believe these arms are REAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY Stretching!!!!

      love, martha

      Delete
  4. Hehehe. And for this gal named Martha, and Diane, and Lolita, and Betty, and all the other wonderful ladies from the circle of friends! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica, Diane, Lolita, Betty, and ?? Martha!!!!

      God has brought something SO Amazing to us all. AMEN and AMEN!!!

      Martha

      Delete
    2. Can't you just picture all us Shticks, in a group hug? I can

      Shticks Around the World...

      I am blessed.

      Delete
    3. Something tells me Veronica will learn how to "STRETCH" the arms of her Shticks Love Characters--and as God guides her hand, the arms will grow longer and longer-but the BOND will be there always.

      Very special--I still shake my head in wonder!!!!

      Blessings everywhere!! Martha

      Delete
  5. Yes, dears! I am here, even if I come late over a post. I am always here thinking of you all. Here is my hug for the group.

    God loves us so much He makes sure Martha should have Matt's extravagant love and we all have each other.

    Thank you V for the loving words.... and such a gift of a word like a bigger soul. That was so wise too.

    You see, Martha, we won't tire ever of your complaints, as you do, we know you have still gotten the fight in you.

    Blessings to all my COF.

    P.S. I have been over at Judi's and I have introduced myself.. Thanks for the push, Martha and D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      Your loving words that come so directly from your heart will be very evident to Judi and it will be a blessing for her. Just was we all do for each other.

      Circle of Friends-God's hand has been here with us all the time!

      Keep writing Lolita-your voice is loud, clear and filled with amazing love!

      Thanks for letting me complain. Even though you are such a long distance from me-truly your words are like a soft loving shoulder I can lean on! As with my husband-each of you are Gifts I could never have dreamed of having in my life!

      love to all of you on this Easter Weekend. martha

      Delete
  6. A blessed Resurrection Day to you, my Sister! May it be a pain-less day for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      I pray this was a very Special Easter day for you and filled with joy as we all smiled and the church seemed to glow with a new beauty, letting us know, Our Lord is here!

      Pain-well I up against a FOE that is relentless, and I didn't have much of a smile on my face today until I looked up and to my delight, "SOPHIE" was finding her way to our pew, so she could sit with us and share in the Easter Joy! What a blessing for us all. She shared with my Husband how she had insisted to her daughter that she be able to come back to her home church and celebrate Easter!! Without doubt, a GOD moment! She beamed-looking so different than when I saw her just a few weeks ago.

      This helped make my day!

      Love, Martha

      Delete