Monday, May 21, 2012

Having to say Goodbye....

My good Friend called today- something told me this phone call would be filled with sadness.  Her precious Dad took his final breath today and passed away- surrounded by his loving family.  God knew this would be the day to bring this wonderful man home as a Chaplain who works with Hospice had dropped by, and was playing soft music on a guitar as "Frank" gently left his loving daughter and son-in-law.

She kept repeating "I'm okay-really, I'm okay" and my heart knows the deep inner strength  she carries is there to help her-but the next few days will hold many tears as she walks the path of losing her Dad.  I wanted to tell her "Its so hard to Say Goodbye" but my heart said she already knew this-all I need do on this day was listen with a loving heart.

I reflected back today-to the first time I came to know "Frank" as my friend had just brought him into her home and his health outlook was very poor at the time-but the Nurse "part" in her went to work and he rallied more than anyone ever dreamed possible.  During this time, by the Grace of God-an amazing Friendship began to form between myself and this family-with me finding a prayer partner in "Charles"-the husband of my friend and we started praying for each other-joking about how we could both "predict the weather" due to our Chronic Pain radars!

So today I said a silent Goodbye to Frank-and my life will be all the richer for having known this fine man.

Rest peacefully my friend.  God bless.

Martha


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lolita-

      No better words could be said!

      God Bless you.

      Martha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Judi-
      Bless you for dropping by and reading about this special Man.

      Its amazing how a person can touch your life forever-all we need to do is stop and "take it all in"-I am deeply blessed for having the chance to be with this loving family.

      Thank you Judi-I pray you are having lots of "good" days and ask God to hold you up during the Bad ones.

      You are always in my prayers Judi. Martha

      Delete