Sunday, May 13, 2012

Two Peas in a Pod...

Its never easy when one spouse is not feeling well-usually I fill that part on a regular basis-but as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my husband had a major break of his thumb and is headed to the Surgery Room in the morning-where the doctor will insert a Pin to hold the Bones together!

We look like the walking wounded-he must now have his arm wrapped in a huge bandage to protect the thumb from being bumped-I move around at a the pace of a snail-still slowly recovering from my injections and I know people must be thinking "How do they manage to get so banged up all the time?"  We were sitting in church this morning, with my husband struggling to hold a songbook in one hand, as I squirmed around to keep from sitting Flat on the Pew-knowing the Butt Burn is waiting to Wake Up and start yelling at me again-but we were giving it the best effort and yet I have a feeling, folks were thinking to themselves- "those two look like they should have stayed home today!"

It would have been so easy to stay in bed, rest and not push ourselves to church-but we both knew, church was exactly where we wanted to be on this day!  Yes we gave thanks for our Moms who have passed on, and yet we also were there together, praying to God for Him to watch over my husband in the surgery room so that everything will go safely.

So we will be up very early and take our journey to the hospital-I have already told my husband that I will be reminding the doctor as to Who he is working on-"My Rock, Matt-the love of my life" and I want him to get through this surgery and back home with me, where I can do my part of caring for him and pamper all I can-because through all these years of him being the one taking care of me-He pampers like nobody I could ever dream of hoping for.

Yes-I sound a little worried-because I am human and love my husband so much-even a broken thumb can
send worry for him flying all around me.  The next time I decide we need to plant new spring beauty in our yard, I will make very sure his Thumb is out of the way as we watch and let someone help us.

Please if you don't mind-say a simple prayer for my husband tonight.  It will help and I am forever thankful that you will care enough to pray for him.  God bless you.  Martha




13 comments:

  1. Martha-

    How you can make me imagine the picture you both make. Your humor out of the whole thing makes it lighter.

    But I know, it is something we worry about just the same. If I were in your place, I would be anxious too.

    Anyway, please be assured that you are always (you both) in my prayers. And I know too the good medical care you can get in your country, so superior than perhaps ours here. Just stay calm and God will do the rest.

    With my love and my prayers for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      You are right-God does take over and handles our fears. Matt did really well today, actually much better than ME. If I didn't laugh about all the crazy antics around here-well I don't what we would do!!!

      Bless you for the prayers. martha

      Delete
  2. I will keep your husband in my prayers. I broke my pinky awhile back and had to have a pin put in the joint. Eventually they took it out to give me more mobility... physical therapy helped a lot afterwards. God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers Pam and so sorry to hear you have been through the broken finger ringer. It is amazing how painful this can be. We are very hopeful everything will heal as it should

      bless you. I am touched by the prayers for my matt. Martha

      Delete
    2. Yes, I never knew until then how fragile our fingers are and difficult to repair. Mine is slightly bent, but that's okay. I can use it and God really did bring a lot of healing thru our excellent surgeons and therapists, as Lolita said. I'm glad to hear your husband is doing better than you thought. Yes, it is a pain keeping your hand up and all that stuff... especially when it is the hand you rely on most. God bless you both with His touch today!

      Delete
  3. Martha, I am praying and I know the others in our Circle will too as they read this. The Spirit of the Living God is with Matt. HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Diane! I know the prayers will be all around Matt today.
      Thank you so much. God has truly enriched my life with such dear loving friends.

      Hugs back. Martha

      Delete
  4. Matt, the rock! I love that! Praying for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep-Matt is the Rock-Martha is just a bag of gravel at times, least it seems that way to me but he does tell me "Old Gal, you got a ton of strength inside you!!!" ohh-he is wonderful......

      I just got so LUCKY for GOD to send Matt my way...

      Thank you for the prayers dear girl. Martha

      Delete
  5. Waiting to hear how the surgery went. Sorry I did not get on yesterday, a little under the weather so my prayers are for quick healing. My husband and I sometimes just laugh as we both suffer from a common known illness..."getting older." Waiting to hear, will check back later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      always SO good to see your smiling photo!! Yes-this "getting older" stuff-wow, not as easy as they say.....

      Matt came through good today, we just have to wait and see how the mending process goes.

      All of this because Martha wanted some Pretty Plants in the ground!!

      I will be sending photos later this week!

      God bless you dear Betty. Pray you feel better. love, martha

      Delete
  6. Dang, I'm sorry you two have had so much to deal with. It's not fair! We shall get together soon and catch up. Love y'all LOTS!!!! sheryl & james

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheryl-
      Well it seems like everything got turned upside down from one simple idea of putting in New Plants!!!

      Yes-we MUST get together and catch up on everything!!!

      Love you for the good thoughts my dear sister! Martha

      Delete