Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Things look So Easy for others....

For some crazy reason, this Spring is the first time I can recall wanting to see things planted, blooming, and then allowing me the joy of just sitting back and "taking it all in!"  If my old body would allow me, I would be outside every single day, planting all sorts of flowers, grasses-just anything I could get in the ground, but its not that simple anymore-if I tried to do all these things-just figure I would be spending some days at the hospital, looking around me and thinking "What in the Heck was I thinking?"

So-being a determined person, when I can't build the mountain, then I bring the mountain to me-aka, my husband so he can "help bring Martha's dreams to reality"-but if you asked him, I don't think his words would be that flowing-instead he would  say "Yep, Got to put some flowers in the ground for Martha-if she does it, well lets just say the picture is Not pretty!  Did you Notice I am planting these flowers and limping at the same time?"

Yes-misery always seems to love some extra company and my husband managed to twist his ankle in a recent fall and its really a sight to see us both limping around here, attempting to do things, then suddenly stopping, rushing to our chairs on the porch and dropping in exhaustion!  Its jaw dropping when we turn to each other,saying "Wow, we had to be out there for at least two hours, right?"  But we look at the clock, realizing a short Ten Minutes have passed and all we can do is shake our heads and laugh.

I have learned one lesson after the other of being in Chronic Pain and finally have learned- its okay to Laugh about at the ups and downs, and I can choose to laugh a bit or cry for a lifetime!  My anger does rise when I see my husband tossing a bag of planting soil around-and I am reminded of how easy it was for me too.

My husband propped his aching foot up for his  version of "My Foot hurts, I am in Pain" then turned to here me say "Wow, looks like it really Does Hurt!  Would you Like to see my Part that hurts?"  I knew his answer and was floored when he said  "Well-I got to talk about my foot Pain First-so I Win this round!"  His foot did look pretty rough and I figured this was a time for him to have a loving hug.

For those who do not suffer with Pain, things do look pretty easy from your end, but for each of us who fight the daily grind of Chronic Pain-Nothing looks easy, and feels as if the Mountain is huge that we must keep
climbing as we work through the Pain.  I keep you in prayer and ask for God's blessings to lift you up.

Martha

4 comments:

  1. Would you mind sending the mountain over? I could use some help over here. (Joke).

    Only you can bring those words out, making light of situations. I am so glad you have a great rock which could move all by itself where you want it.

    Anyway, I am hoping Matt's foot is healing good. Was it the one caused by the monster TV? I could picture you booth in the garden limping around to spots where you want those flowers planted.

    Those flowers will bring you joy despite the pain.

    And yes to those who are not in Chronic Pain, it would be hard to see.

    God bless you both, and sending my love over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      Trust me, if I could wrap up my Mountain in the most beautiful paper, I would send it flying your way!

      Yes I think Matt's injured foot is the same one that Monster TV landed on, but just as I push ahead, he does the same. Thank you for seeing my humor in our daily struggles-we have learned-sometimes you just have to let go and let the laughter flow!

      Bless you for sending Love this way! Martha

      ps-Poor Matt-he left the Garden Center and did not hear me placing an order for a LOT more plants! They will arrive next week-right after I have my Big Butt Injection done on Monday! I do not Think Matt will be a happy camper! It wasn't done on purpose--those plants just seemed to keep calling me!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Martha. I pray that by the time they are ready for planting, Matt will be feeling a lot better and up to it.

    Gee, how I wish I could see the garden when they bloom to the max...they will be praising God with their colors and beauty.

    Anyway, bless you until the butt injection.

    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      I promise to take a photo once they are ALL planted and hopefully that will be done within the next week. We had a BIG emergency here today and I will be blogging about it tonight.

      No-this time it was NOT me-but MATT. He is okay-but WOW-I have never been that scared.....love,martha

      Delete