Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dealing with Pain.............

Dealing with Pain-oh those three words sound delightful-but here I am and the Pain Game has slowly  turned, to let me know Pain is Dealing with Me! After so many years of being in Pain, my Coping Skills List is familiar-giving me a feeling of knowing which Skill I wish to pull from the shelf and throw at Pain, so I can find a bit of relief as my day goes on.

People who have known me for a long time are very aware of my fierce determination to keep going and never allow Pain to take all of me out of the picture-true facts, but those people don't get a "Behind the Scenes Peek" to see how rough my days can be. If they could be with me for just one day, something tells me they might walk away with deeper insight to living with Chronic Pain-and would be speaking silent words of prayer "Thank God I don't have to live like she does!"   I agree with them-Living with Pain on a daily basis is no Picnic-there is no way anyone can truly explain their own Pain, or how they cope with it each day and I hold all those who suffer with Pain up high-they are True Warriors, struggling to have Life in spite of Pain.

I have been going through a round of tough injections to silence the wicked Sciatic Burn running from my butt, down my leg, ending in the tips of my toes and there has been progress-but I do not fool myself and think the Burn is gone for good.  Think of your own body, being 12 feet up in a tree-then falling, hitting the ground Hard, as your buttocks take the full impact!  Nerves are damaged, Scar Tissue shows up fast, and the Burn begins!  The Sciatic Nerve is a Major part of the body-it took years for me to understand the importance of researching and learning everything about this Nerve, then using this knowledge as a tool for help in the battle of  Pain.

God is my best coping Tool-plain and simple!  I find myself uttering words of Prayer throughout my day, "Oh Lord, help me" and then its repeated over and over as I go about doing  simple things-and slowly I notice, "Wow, the Pain doesn't seem as bad now" and I am thankful for the brief moment of clarity.

The Best Pain Warriors in the World have bad days, weeks, months-yet we keep moving and refuse to allow Pain complete victory in our lives.  God is there for the asking and I find myself reaching out, taking time to "Talk and pray" realizing how human I am, knowing I have hit a low spot in the Pain Battle, and its okay to slow down-and let myself Rest in His Embrace.  

Right now-Pain is Dealing with Me- all I can do is take it one second at a time. As I close this post, my moment of Joy arrived, as I look out my window and see the beauty surrounding me here on our farm.  For all those suffering with Chronic Pain, I ask God to help you during the darkest moments-and if you don't mind,  please say One Prayer for me.  

God Bless you all.   Martha



10 comments:

  1. Love the way you reversed it...pain dealing with me...hummmmm...that made me stop and think.

    How about if I say a few more then one prayer for you my friend. I know all your circle of friends are praying the injection work a lot. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      These last two posts have been the toughest ones for me to write-of all the posts I have done since being on the Blog Network. I could feel the importance of me opening up and being honest-with myself and all who might read this-Yes-I am in a time period where Pain is Dealing with Me, and its a Rough Ride!

      Matt-I believe the man has a "martha radar" built in and he can pick up on just one or two words, even my silence, telling him something is NOT right with Me. Today I opened my heart to him-letting him know how much I am hurting and I could see a split second of Sadness cross his face and it broke my Heart!! He did NOT ask for this ride-but he did PROMISE to stay with me, Through Sickness and in Health-all the way, all the way.

      Its amazing-we each have learned the give and take-meaning I will listen as you are down and do all I can to help you get back up. Its okay if our lifestyle continues to change-we still have each other!!! God brought this amazing Man into my life and I lean on him more than I should-I just am so thankful to have him...

      Yes dear Betty-PLEASE feel free to say ONE more Prayer for Me!! I promise you, Another one will be said by me for YOU.

      Bless you dear Betty! I am so very moved this day.

      Martha

      Delete
  2. To All the COF amazing Circle-

    Its very difficult for me to admit-"this is a very hard time right now-and I am in need of your Prayers" yet through the amazing love of God, I already Feel prayer coming my way. Each of you know I do not quit-but my body is telling me, "Martha-its Okay to stop and rest!" This is one of my toughest Pain rides yet--and please know how grateful I am for just a single prayer you can offer up for me! I promise to say One for each of you too!

    God bless each one of you. Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Diane-
      Bless you and everyone who is offering up a prayer for me! It means so much-I really can't put the words together-all I can say is I feel so blessed!

      Also-dear Diane, Your phone call came-hearing your sweet voice helped me-I am so grateful to have you in my life!

      All my love, Martha

      Delete
    2. And I you, dear Martha! And I you!

      Delete
  4. Martha, Please don't ever be afraid to ask for prayer. That is not a sign of weakness...but strength in numbers praying :) I am praying in the Spirit for you...and as I do for myself every day now...I'm praying His promises for you and all He did for us at the cross to carry our pain. God bless you with strength and relief beyond your hopes! He carries you close to His heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      Another gift-such spiritual words that encourage me to keep looking up to HIM and leaning on Love!

      It took a lot for me to face the struggle I am in right now-but once I did it, my heart felt lighter and I am so blessed to know prayers are being said for me. Please be assured I will speak your name in prayer also. Its a wonderful gift to have "Prayer" so close-and I am truly thankful!

      Bless you. Martha

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Martha - I always welcome your prayers! A few years ago, when I was sharing with someone about praying for them, the Lord brought a thought to mind to tell him...and I want to encourage you with this thought too. Today you are surrounded in prayer (prayers of many here and maybe those you don't know) and he wants to bring us light and life and healing (like the line says in Hark the herald Angels Sing - He is risen with healing in His wings.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      That thought hit me last night as I climbed into bed, dragging my painful body with me, "Martha-you have no idea as to where and how many Prayers are being spoken for you" and I thanked the Lord!!

      A blessing-major blessing that comes in one simple word PRAYER.

      Thank you Pam. For the prayers, words of wisdom, for just being you.

      God bless.

      Martha

      Delete