Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Who could this be???

                                                                 Just look at the Smile!

Okay-its a very "young"  Texas gal-sitting in her oldest brother's lap-beaming for the cameras!  I tried to do some editing on this-as it does carry some Age with it- Heh Husband looked at it, studied each angle and asks "Okay-I give up, who is it?" I flashed my biggest Smile possible and he still seemed lost-as I explained with frustration "Its Me" as I keep smiling, and he says "People don't look like their Baby Photos" as I grabbed my precious photo from him, only to hear a gentle chuckle "But that sure is a pretty baby!"  

I wanted to write a post as my birthday arrives-recalling all the memories I shall cherish forever.  There were four of us kids-two boys, two girls-I recall Mom telling me stories regarding my arrival into this world-one seemed  special to her, "Well, I had the boys and wanted a little girl so much. I prayed so hard and suddenly, You were here! Guess the shock of my prayer being answered stunned me because your Dad and I could Not choose a name for you."  

As I recall, She shared how the hospital officials kept fussing with them, explaining they Must have a name- Moma quickly said "Her name is Martha!"  Thank Goodness, a name was added to the birth records and home we went.  Once there, Mom called her Dad to let him know all was well with me-but he had One question, "Daughter-what did you name the little one?"  Moma spoke my name, then heard him burst into tears.  She begged him to say something and he shared, "You named your Daughter after my own Mother" never known by my Mom, but  brought such joy to my Grandpa.  Fast forward two years ago-I had a photo of my Grandpa standing beside the Headstone of His Mother-we knew it was located somewhere in Oklahoma and after a lengthy search, we located the Cemetery. Within minutes I stood beside the final resting place of my Great-Grandmother!

I am grateful for this special memory and all the others as I move through life-being blessed with such a
husband-Matt, as I too Prayed for God to bless me with a man who would truly love me and honor me forever.  Here we are, 37 years later, sharing our own roller coaster moments of life and we Pray for many more years together.  If you were to ask "what is your best blessing?"  That one is easy-The blessing of being Brought into this world-God deciding there would be a Martha!


God bless my Parents-I pray they rest peacefully on the shores of Heaven.  Thank you God.

Martha







 

10 comments:

  1. Yes, a God breathed name, it sure was.

    What amazing God wind, this is.

    Happy Birthday, my dear Martha. You are among the most beloved by Jesus while on earth. He was closer to these siblings that others in the NT. (Martha, Mary and Lazarus).

    Anyway, thanks for the beautiful story of your birth. Nothing escapes our God, even in His forming you inside your Moma's womb.

    I am celebrating, Wahoo!!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      Thank you for these precious words, but my dear, it is ME who is blessed-having you as my friend! Such a special Gift has been sent my way!!

      I love your words, "A God breathed name"-never thought of my name in this way-but it is a spiritual warmth for my heart.

      all my love, martha

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Martha! I think I can see a resemblance between your photos :) I love baby pictures... What a lovely memory of how much you were wanted, and how God placed your name in your mother's mind... May that smile fill your heart today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam!

      Yes I will HOLD tightly to that long ago SMILE!!! Your words are so meaningful on this day and it is me who is blessed-by having you as a friend and sharing our ups and downs-God has blessed me.

      Love, martha

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, my dear friend! What a lovely story about your name. It brought joy to my heart!

    The LORD bless you and keep you;
    The LORD make His Face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
    The LORD lift up His Countenance upon you, and give you peace. In the wonderful Name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

    And Yes, many more years together with HH!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      my dear friend-what a joy you are to me!! I really struggled with how to do a posting for THIS day and when I came upon this photo-well it was easy after that.

      I am very blessed-having found the courage to reach out and Bond our friendship-it was a HUGE step by me and my how RICH the gift of meeting you has been for me!

      Diane-I will always LOVE you. Plain and Simple...

      Martha

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Betty!

      I needed to see a YOUNG version of Martha-but you know-I think The CURRENT Version-she will do just fine too!

      One of my blessings on this day-having met YOU!!! God has truly gifted me with your friendship!

      Blessings and much love, martha

      Delete
  5. Oh, Martha, this story made me all teary-eyed! Amazing, amazing, amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica-
      Thank you dear friend! As I let the words roll out, so many memories followed! My Grandpa always treated me with deep love and
      for me to actually find the gravesite of my Great-Grandmother-well it was a moment I shall never forget.

      Bless you for reading and most of all, I also Thank God for YOU!

      Love, Martha

      Delete