Friday, June 29, 2012

Going to the Craft Store on a Hot Day!

One of my favorite shopping outings is dropping by the Craft Store, as it allows my imagination to run free, surrounded by fabrics, new craft ideas, floral decorations-the list goes on and on. Heh Husband thought it would be a good idea for this outing and finds his own areas of interest, giving me time alone with my Ideas!

As with the majority of our country, Texas has arrived at  "Summer Temps"-hitting 100+ degrees by noon,  but thank goodness, its not as severe when last year, Summer showed up about a Month early and we thought there was no end to the Heat Wave!  I have lived in Texas all my life and heard my parents talk about the "Heat Wave of 1954"- "Chickens were dropping like Flies in the Pen!" Times were hard back then but people managed, and something tells me the Heat made them tougher!

I wanted to get away from this Heat and the Craft Store sounded "heavenly" as we took off-arriving to beat the afternoon rush of people.  But this trip had more than Shopping waiting for us- we hunted for a place to park, all the "Handicapped Parking" slots were full (yes I finally gave in and got one of these Special Parking permits) it helps without question.

But nothing was available as Heh Husband searched for a spot to park our large Truck-his eyes saw a Shaded area, that was all he needed and parking seemed like a breeze.  I recall hearing "Can you get out?" Sure I can get out-not observing the area was filled with plants, surrounded by a ton of smaller rocks-but for me, a breeze~!

I was in a hurry to reach the store and didn't give much attention to the Rocks, Tree, and Curbing-only inches from me as I took my first step. That was the "Only" step I got to take, as I landed in the rocks!  It wasn't a fall-these rocks were piled up so high, it was like landing on a Hard Cushion!

Here I am, laying amongst the rocks-So Close to my Favorite Store and yet-so Far Away!  Dear Husband is relaxing in the truck, windows rolled up, having No clue to as to my Latest Mess.  I am determined-so I manage to roll over a bit, getting on my knees-only to now find myself "Pinned between the Curbing and our Truck" I think, "this is Not Going well!"  Finally I knew-time to put Pride aside as I  knocked on the truck door, hoping Matt could hear me over the music he seemed to be enjoying!

The next few minutes were priceless-door opens, my husband is looking for Me but I am on the Ground!
I hear the Door Close and think "This is Not Going Well" as I start banging on the door-harder and louder! The Door opens-but nobody is there (or so he thinks) I start yelling "I am on the Ground!"  Next thing I know, Heh Husband has flown around the truck, thinking the Worst-A Bad Fall-there I am, on my knees and smiling at him!

It was a priceless moment-He slowly asks "So How was your Shopping Dear?"  Laughing as he helped me to my feet, I am stomping my way to the store, brushing dirt from my clothes-looked back to see that
familiar loving Smile!  I beamed with delight and yelled back, "Thanks for the Helping Hand Dear!"  I enjoyed my shopping and as I walked outside, there was the familiar "honking" to let me know-he had moved the truck so we didn't have a Repeat Performance!

Probably not hard to figure out my Joy Moment-Yep-being pulled out of my "Bed of Rocks!"

God bless all who walk their Path of living with Chronic Pain.

Martha



10 comments:

  1. Oh, here I go again. The tears are rolling down my face from laughter. I DO THANK GOD YOU WEREN'T HURT!!!, But, Oh, you are so funny, My "Texan Lucy" friend.

    I think Veronica could do a book just about your antics! It would be a best seller!

    I love you and am so glad you weren't hurt, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      I shared "my adventure" with my church friend on the phone last night and she could NOT stop laughing! She kept asking me- "What were you doing to do if Matt just kept Opening/Looking/Closing the Truck Door?"

      After some thought-I told her "Well my next plan would be to Crawl underneath the truck and start knocking on the OTHER door!!!!"

      It was "One for the Books" and I can't believe how many situations I manage to get tangled up in!!! But-still had Fun at the Craft store!!!

      Yes, I am very glad no further injuries came my way!

      Love you dear friend. Hope all is well!

      Martha

      Delete
    2. OMG...does is sound like one of Warren's and my adventures!! I sure don't want you to get hurt, either, butit's nice to know we aren't alone!,

      Delete
    3. Judi-
      Are you telling me things like this happen with you and Your beloved also? Thank goodness-I don't mean that in a bad way-its just comforting to find out-I am not the only person who lays around in front of a Craft store-banging on a truck door to Get my Husband's attention!

      Yes dear Judi-we are NOT alone!!!!

      Thanks for sharing with me. Guess the rocks were "soft" or sort of!!!

      Love, martha

      Delete
  2. I like Diane's image of "Lucy" - sounds like your "Ricky" finally came to the babaloo rescue! :) Cute story... We need a sense of humor in life! Glad you are not injured though! Hope you found some fun craft ideas! What kinds of things do you make?

    We've been having lots of heat here in Upper Midwest too, though today so far I've had windows open to a fairly nice breeze! Yipee... I'm not a heat gal, though I originally come from a summer blast furnace state... What did our folks do before real air conditioning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam-
      I love it-never thought of my Heh Husband as "Ricky" but he sure fit the bill that day! If there is a craft item to be made, I will do it! Embroidery, Love to Make Decorative Wreaths-the bigger, the better! Quilts-mainly wall hangings, and of course I love to sew.
      Table runners-the list goes on. It is very relaxing for me-I notice while I keep busy with either the Craft work or Blogging, for that short period of time, my mind drifts away from the Pain-and its a blessing!

      I have lived in Texas all my life and truly-this heat is something else!! We have two dear neighbors, the husband is 97, the wife is 95, They have been married almost 75 years, still can go dancing and sleep without any A/C!!! They are my Heros-meaning examples for me to look up to and think, Gee if they can keep going-I am sure they have tons of aches and Pains-then by golly, so can I......

      As to what people did before A/c--i am afraid they lived a shorter life span!!!!

      Thanks for dropping in Pam. I always love to hear from you!

      Martha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Diane!

      Yes-he will read them if I ask him to come take a look! I watch his face as he is reading and see him start shaking his head, then he asks me "Martha-how do you manage to put such a funny spin on these adventures of yours?"

      I would love to think-GOD--HE has given me laughter and joy! I will take that anyday!

      love, martha

      Delete
  4. We need to get HH to start a blog - The Life and Times of Living With Texan Lucy...Oh, gosh!

    I'm glad you and your friend had a good laugh! There is nothing like having a good friend to laugh with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texan Lucy??? Hmmmmm--I hadn't thought of this angle yet--but it certainly sounds promising and believe me, Martha has a WAY of getting into all sorts of crazy situations.

      I enjoyed the laughter with my friend--but you know--I was thinking all the time, "How delightful it would be to have the Full COF Circle, all joining hands, laughing with sheer Joy at our ups and downs!!!

      I can see you leading our "Congo Line!"

      Buzz me tommorrow- or I will buzz you!!! i miss you dear friend.

      Martha

      Delete