Friday, June 8, 2012

End Result of Broken Thumb!!

Photo: taken by Sheryl Smith-Rodgers Hearn

Now who would think a broken thumb was the end result of something so pretty in our front yard?  It started out with Dear Husband attempting to dig a hole for one of my new plants, and within thirty minutes, we were both worried sick as to how bad the break was in his Thumb.

This is our Front Yard-now completed with the lovely Cross, plants all around as we sit on our porch and drink in the  beauty.  Yes-we Sit, Matt holding his thumb steady, me with a pillow or two in the chair so I can safely sit for awhile without waking the Burning Butt up!  

I love this photo because it helps people understand my comment of "Well, we do live behind the Church" and its true.  As you look at this photo, the Red building is our old Church, and the larger building is the church hall.  All of the area in front of our yard is covered with our crop of Coastal Hay-it grows most of the year, then goes dormant in the cold season.  When the good Lord led us to this wonderful spot, it looked nothing like it does now.  There was no white fence, only tons of trees, and all of the property needed a lot of Tender Loving Care.  We gave it that and more-and now as we age, the aches and Pains are clear reminders of how much work we have done here.  

The Rock Cross was built by a very talented man, Carmen Perez who attends our church and he let us know after the last rock was in place-"this is the First Cross I have ever done, and I am  proud of it!"  We are too, and something tells me he will be doing more of these-amazing how hidden talents can rise up to give that feeling of accomplishment!

Probably some might be thinking-"Why a Cross in your yard?"  Well-its an easy answer because we saw one like this at a place in Austin,Texas called Lady Bird Johnson Wildlife Center and felt it was the perfect Facelift for our Front Yard.  Yet we never dreamed of Matt breaking his Thumb and having to just sit back and watch as somebody did all of this hard work for us.  

This Cross does wonders for me-I can be in the worst moments of Pain, and once outside, it seems the more I look at it, I start to forget some of my Pain and simply treasure the beauty that is now in my line of view.  As the plants keep growing, we find ourselves talking about more plants here and there-but pause and say "Well, it might be wise if we just waited a while-after all, we don't need a repeat of the Broken Thumb!"

I hope you enjoy the photo-and my Joy today is being able to share this with you.  God bless all who are in Pain.  I pray He lifts you up and holds you in His Loving Embrace.
Martha


11 comments:

  1. Now, now, Martha..... all the cost it took, and the beauty is before you.

    How I would love to see this personally, but I will just imagine myself in your porch sitting with you and Matt, looking out to the garden and the cross.

    Good, this is the Cross of Jesus, our healer and protector. Drink in the peace and beauty this view will give you. Joy for joy and daily you will get that push and courage.

    God bless you, and Happy Weekend, you two.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      Thank you so much for showing me "The Cross" and the meaning that goes with it. All Matt & I need to do is look and give Thanks to God as we do enjoy the peace that goes with this.

      You are so wonderful-please know that when I sit and enjoy the view, my heart is thinking about YOU and somehow, I feel its a way of "having" you here with us!

      God bless you dear Gal. Martha

      Delete
  2. Martha, so glad you are back, have missed you. Praying the injectiion will quiet that "butt" pain.

    Love the cross in your yard...what a testemony for all who see it. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Betty-
      Thank you for the comments about our Cross!!! I had no idea we would enjoy it so much but we do!! I have felt awful this week, but its my fault-doing too much, too soon. Guess I have to learn the hard way, but I have...

      Hope you are feeling okay. please ignore my DELETE message, sometimes I push a button on here and get things really messed up.

      I could NEVER delete a BETTY comment! You always lift me up.

      God bless you dear lady. Martha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Veronica!!!!

      Oh thank you dear girl-we love it and gradually more plants will start showing up around it! Got to give Matt time for his thumb to heal, but each day we sit on our porch, we find ourselves planning, dreaming about Where a new plant can go!

      I am "branching" out a bit-after praying a lot about it, I decided to link my Blog to Facebook! Now I know NOTHING about Facebook, but my heart just kept pushing me to give it a try. My hope is that each Post I write-then a few words of it will transfer over to my Facebook page. I have SO much to learn about this-but my dear friend here in Texas who gave me that gentle Nudge to start blogging is the one I will turn to for HELP....

      Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

      Love and Hugs.
      Martha

      Delete
  4. oh goodie I will find you on fb and ask to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      I will be looking for you!! If I goof and it takes me a while, well just bear with me, because it feels like I am in a strange land as I try to learn all about Facebook!

      I will get there-please say a Prayer for me!

      Love, Martha

      Delete
  5. Martha, I can't imagine the blessing of seeing that Cross each day. Wow...It is blessed land!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane-
      I agree with you-each time I step out to our porch and see it, everything inside me seems to relax and I feel so peaceful while we sit outside and enjoy the View!

      You are so wonderful to help put a loving face to this Cross.

      Love and Blessings. Martha

      Delete