Sunday, June 10, 2012

Taking Chronic Pain on a ride to Facebook!

Computer skills have not come easy for me-our generation grew up with Typewriters with no way to send an instant message-except to pickup the Phone and dial a number on it!  Its been hard to learn this  New Technology, but with the help of a dear friend, I decided to brave these new frontiers and join the land called Facebook!


I have been a part of the Blogging Community for two years and continue to be amazed at the brave people I meet-as they share their personal Journey with Chronic Pain, how they cope, and how they keep thriving in life, Pain right beside them but not stopping them from finding small moments of Joy and Peace!

This is why after much prayer, I made the decision to link my Pain Blog with Facebook-with one goal in mind-perhaps a person is walking the floor in the dark of night-suffering agonizing Pain, and feeling so alone!  They flip on their computer, perhaps type in the words "Chronic Pain" and their eye catches a link to Facebook-were they see a few words from my Blog  Pain Won't Beat Me-and realize, I am Not Alone in this Journey-there are many others out there, suffering as I do.

It helps more than people can understand to suddenly be aware another person lives a life of Pain, just as I do-all I can tell you is the First time I heard another person's story of living with Pain, my heart ached, tears flowed, as I asked God to be with them on the wicked journey of  Chronic Pain.

I am not looking for a miracle as I link up with Facebook-I am thrilled if my personal story of living with Chronic Pain gives a glimmer of hope to one person. After suffering with Pain each day during the past sixteen years-I have learned how small my victories can be-but they give me Hope to keep going and maybe another person will realize "I am not Alone with this Pain- but with Prayer, I can still have the Joy of being Me!"

Please be with me as I learn how to work with Facebook-I am sure my fingers will hit the keys and a lot of mistakes will happen, but here is where I will garner strength from the words I live by "Pain Won't Beat Me" and find my way through the Computer world.

God Bless each person who is suffering with Chronic Pain.

Martha

6 comments:

  1. I sent out an invitation to accept at FB. Please add me.

    Glad you are now in FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita-
      Yes I will gladly accept you at FB... Its going to be a real learning experience for me but I am very happy about doing it.
      Its another way to meet others who are suffering with Pain-if I can lift just one person up a bit, I am happy to do that.

      I am gifted in return-all the wonderful people like YOU, who comment on my Blog-your words help me to keep going, looking up to God for help and always praying for me. What a blessing.

      God love you Lolita-you are so wonderful! Martha

      Delete
  2. posted on last post that I too will look you up and send a request. I remember like it was yesterday when I first started fb...we were in Papua New Guinea and I was desperate to communicate with my son back in the states and our daughter when they came hom on furlough. But this was the one that really started me. All the younger generation was on fb and I knew I had to go to them through fb because they were not going to come to me the old fashion way viva letter and even through email as much. The whole face of commincation was changing and I needed to change with it. Both my children thought I was a wonder and then when I started blogging, well they really thougth I was something. you will love it, I think, I still meet a few who do not fb, older ones...just a few. the thing I like about it is I can pick and chose who I befriend. happy fbooking my friend...you will touch lives...blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-
      Thank you for these kind words of encouragement! Its a tremendous boost to hear your experiences and how you took on Facebook and found your way around! Thats what I am hoping to learn but its going to take a while for me to adjust!

      God Bless you and I will be watching for your Friend Request! You will always be much more than just a Friend!!!

      Martha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Diane-
      Well if only I could be that thrilled!! I swear-its so NEW to me and I am struggling to figure it out--and I am NOT the best Computer person---but-----

      If you can dive in with both feet and take a very complicated Course and Master it-then I can figure out Facebook!!

      Thanks Diane. WAHOOOO is right!!!!

      Martha

      Delete